Below is the first segment of Manufacturing Consent, thanks to YouTube! When the first segment ends, click on part two (2 of 9) and the remaining parts, until you finish the documentary. Why are you watching? Keeping the following questions in mind while you watch will help you focus your listening. Take notes, for you will be expected to hand in your answers.
- What does “manufacturing consent” refer to?
- Why is manufacturing consent important in a democratic society?
- Whose consent is being manufactured?
- What was Chomsky’s methodology in studying the manufacture of consent, and what are the examples he used to explain it?
- Explain the significance of the news coverage of the genocide in East Timor as opposed to that of the atrocities in Cambodia.
- Why does Professor Chomsky state that the media was complicit in the East Timor atrocity? What are the implications of such complicity? What is the responsibility of the media?
- What distinction does Chomsky make between “conspiracy theory” and “institutional analysis”?
- In part 8 of 9, Chomsky talks about the problem with the mainstream media requiring “concision.” What does he see as its effect?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]